Wednesday means an afternoon off, means baking time! I wanted to make something special today, so I used a recipe from EVA and pimped it up with some amaretto… I loooove amaretto!
As you can see, this isn’t a standard cupcake recipe. It only asks for plant based ingredients, so you can eat these without feeling guilty 😉 zero cholesterol, low saturated fats. The texture of the cupcakes is a bit different than a cupcake based on eggs/flour/butter/sugar, but don’t let that get to you. The taste is incredible!
I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we did.
Ingredients (for 6 cupcakes)
- 40ml sunflower oil (or another oil with a neutral taste)
- 60g cane sugar
- 30ml yofu (or yoghurt, in that case use 5g more sugar)
- 80ml soy milk (or milk, in that case use 5g more sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp amaretto (almond flavoured liqueur)
- 60g flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 30g ground almonds
- 6 tsp jam (I used cherry)
- 60g confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp amaretto (almond flavoured liqueur)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 6 tsp sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the oil, sugar, yofu, soy milk, vanilla extract and amaretto in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Stir the ground almonds through the mixture.
- Fill the holes of a cupcake tin for 1/3 with the batter (I could make 6 cupcakes out of the batter)
- Scoop a teaspoon of jam onto the batter, and cover up with some more batter until the holes are filled for 2/3.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, make an icing with the amaretto, water and confectioner’s sugar. Put aside.
- Let the cupcakes cool down, drizzle some icing over them and garnish with some sliced almonds.
Source: adapted from EVA vzw