Today was an aweful day: our little kitten Clémence passed away.
To calm down, I started cooking: I made some delicious, rich Italian Coffee cupcakes (recipe) and then I cooked us a comforting curry.
Thai Curry with Tofu
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 125g rice, uncooked
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g vegetables, chopped up (I used a wok mix)
- 250ml vegetable broth
- 100g canned tomato cubes
- 125ml full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 250g firm tofu, diced
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or medium sized pot on medium-high heat.
- Pour in the olive oil and let it warm up for a few seconds.
- After having chopped up the vegetables, cook them in the wok for approximately 5 minutes. Toss every now and then with a wooden spoon.
- Add the vegetable broth, canned tomatoes and coconut milk. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cane sugar, curry, chili, lime juice, basil, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir well and then add the tofu cubes. Let the curry cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with the rice, and garnish with some fresh parsley.
Source: adapted from Fit for the Soul