Surprise, surprise, we had pasta again tonight! But this time, it’s a really special lasagna. I had never heard of red beet lasagna, until I stumbled upon this recipe. I gave it my own twist of course, and we really enjoyed the result. This is a keeper!
Today was a really lazy sunday, I didn’t do much more than hang around in my PJ’s. But I also did the dishes (an aweful load of them, that is), washed some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and I also cooked of course. So I can be a little proud of myself, right?
Red Beet Lasagna with Goat’s Cheese
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 375g cooked red beets, sliced
- 150ml warm water
- 150g fresh soft goat’s cheese
- 150g cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- dried rosemary
- 9 lasagna sheets
- 40g grated cheese (I used a gratin mix)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease the oven dish with the olive oil
- Combine the goat’s cheese, creamcheese and warm water. Stir until everything’s mixed up nicely.
- Season with rosemary, salt and pepper
- Make a first layer with the goat’s cheese mixture in the oven dish
- Make a second layer with the lasagna sheets
- Make a third layer with the red beets. Season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Repeat the layers until everything’s gone (finish with pouring the last goat’s cheese mixture over the dish)
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the lasagna
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden
Source: adapted from 24 Kitchen