This is actually one of my mom’s success recipes, so it’s kind of an inheritance, haha. The taste of the bell peppers is so nice and strong that you almost need no seasoning. I just used a bouillon cube and that’s it.
It’s such an easy but at the same time elegant recipe, and my mom and I always get great comments about it… So go ahead and startle everyone with this amazing soup!
Green Bell Pepper Soup
Ingredients (for 1 pot)
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 4 medium green bell peppers, diced (1cmx1cm)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bouillon cube (I used vegetable)
- 1l water (I always preheat it in the water boiler)
- Preheat the margarine in a medium pot
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes
- Add the diced bell peppers
- Crumble the bouillon cube over the pot and last but not least: pour in the boiling water
- Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender
- Pour the soup through a sieve, otherwise you’ll have annoying little pieces in your cup of soup
Source: adapted from my wonderful mom!