At first, I want to tell you how much I missed cooking these last 2 days!
On Wednesday, we had a party at the office, which was really nice. It included a wine tasting with accompanying food. Yum, wine!
And yesterday I went to Holland with my mom and sister in law. It was sooo much fun! We shopped ‘til we dropped. I bought all sorts of nice ingredients and cooking stuff, which you will see appear on ‘Julienne’ in the coming days😉
It’s really nice to be back, so let’s start off with a heart warming fall soup…
Ingredients (for 1l soup)
- 1/2 Tbsp margarine
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potatoe, peeled and diced (1cmx1cm)
- 500g mushrooms, brushed clean and chopped into quarters
- 1 bouillon cube (I used vegetable)
- 1l water (I always preheat it in the water boiler)
- some basil leaves and cream (I used soy) for garnishing
- Preheat the margarine in a medium pot
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes
- Add the diced potato and chopped mushrooms
- Crumble the bouillon cube over the pot and last but not least: pour in the boiling water.
- Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes (you can check if it’s done by putting a knive in one of the potato cubes)
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Garnish each bowl with some cream and basil leaves